Compare Ford Escort Van Insurance
Buying inexpensive Escort van insurance is easier than you may think. When purchasing you may have a pleasant surprise. Because the Escort is built on a car and not a truck frame, the insurance is based on the prices for car insurance rather than truck insurance.
Even though rates for insuring your Ford Escort van tend to be somewhat lower than other van insurance rates, you’ll still want to save as much money as possible on your policy. For the best possible prices, use the following advice as a guideline and checklist when shopping for cover.
Some Useful Information For Getting Your Escort Covered
1. Make sure you buy exactly the cover you need, no more and no less. Most people purchase too much cover for their vans. If you’re using your Escort van for home or light use and you own it outright, you don’t need more than minimum coverage. If the bank has a lien on your van, you’ll need full cover. Otherwise, you should choose only the options you really want over your basic minimum legal cover.
2. Max out the safety and theft-proof equipment in your Escort van. Many Insurance companies like cars that have extra security against thieves, especially if you have full cover on your van. Safety devices save money in the long run as you either have fewer accidents or suffer fewer injuries in accidents – both being good for you.
3. Pay attention to where you park your van at night. This is important in two senses. Insurance rates are based on the postal code of the van’s normal night-time parking space. If you have the option of parking at home or at work, you might want to opt for the lowest-cost spot. Also, vans parked on the street are more susceptible to theft. If you park your van in a locked garage at night, you minimize your exposure to thieves, and the insurance company will reward you for it.
4. Read everything, including optional riders to make sure you get all the insurance you need. This can’t be emphasized enough. With bare-bones cover it will not cover things like driving in Europe or getting a free courtesy vehicle while your van is being repaired after an accident. Always make sure you get all the options you need.
5. Look for every possible discount. This could be a discount for purchasing online, or it could be safe-driver discounts. The best way to determine whether you have the best deal with discounts and good coverage: shop online at insurance comparison sites, where you can get prices on several different insurance companies and choose the best rates out of them.
You may also want to call your current home or business insurance agent to see if you can get a discount for purchasing your cover through them.
6. If you have some savings, you’re a good driver and you really want to save money on your van cover, consider opting for a high deductible. While a high deductible means you’ll have to pay the first thousand or two thousand out of your own pocket in case of an accident, good drivers will come out ahead because they won’t be having at-fault accidents they have to pay for.
To ensure any costs that do come along are covered, put the difference in your deductible in a special bank account. Chances are good you’ll hit a breakeven point at about two years of coverage and if you haven’t had an accident at that point, you’ve just saved yourself a lot of money.
Use a Comparison website to Compare Quotes
One of the best and fastest ways to get a cheap quote for your Ford Escort van insurance is to compare quotes online. We have teamed up with GoCompare, one of the biggest comparison sites in the UK, to offer our clients the ability to compare over 40 different providers using just one simple form. The process only takes about 5 minutes and it will save you a huge amount of time by getting every quote all in one go.
It Only Takes 5 Minutes To Get A Van Insurance Quote From Over 40 Providers. Get Yours Now And See How Much You Could Save!
Save Money Today With GoCompare And Get The Best Deal! Over 20% Of Their Customers Save Up To £128 On Their Van Insurance!
Compare Van Insurance Online Today And See How Much You Can Save!